Friday, March 21, 2008

A $700 Failed Date

Bill and I were going to go out for a date tonight. He actually suggested it himself. We planned to grab a really quick bite to eat, then catch a movie. I haven't been out to a movie in a year and a half--the last movie I saw in a theater was the Bond movie that was out at Christmas of 2006. We got a babysitter--we were even going to have her put Madeline to bed, which would have been the first time she'd been put to bed by someone other than her parents.
Instead, we're home, calling insurance and pricing windows and SatNavs. We were only in the McDonalds about 15 minutes. We drove our old, nearly falling apart Saab. But we left our SatNav in the car. We came out to a smashed window and no SatNav. Words really can't express how angry and vulnerable and frustrated I'm feeling.
The kids who did it (an employee saw them running off--two teenage boys) have gotten away scot-free. Our insurance deductible is basically the same price as a new SatNav, so we're swallowing the difference to avoid having a claim counting against us. It all feels very unfair.
The world does not seem like a very nice place at the moment.

3 comments:

Eyepoke said...

That sucks.

What about one of the other worlds?
Do any of them seem like nice places? Theres Mercury- too hot and too cold- Venus too hot all over and smelly. Mars- wierd gravity- and chilly-ish..The moon- no air (close to home though)... Io is way too volcanic...

I dunno... a cosmic (or at least solar) perpective sometimes helps me anyway.

Eyepoke said...

sheesh em, that totally bites. those brits have no sense property. that would've never happened in the good ole us of a. maybe you should come home...?
liz

Lewis Times said...

Ugh! I hate when people actually take advantage of me! But then I sit and think of how easy it is and just how often it "could" happen and then I can feel grateful it doesn't happen all those times..... Sorry for the bum deal of a date!