Sunday, September 14, 2008

First Haircut

Bill finally convinced me to get Madeline's hair cut. I've been wanting to let it grow, but it really was getting kind of ridiculous. It was always in her eyes, unless I tried to put pigtails or barrettes in. But she'd just pull those out, along with chunks of her own hair.

So I bowed to the inevitable and we went to a salon in the shopping mall near us on Friday. Here are the before shots:



She was fairly good, but did present a moving target for the poor hairstylist. It was a new experience in a new place, and she just wanted to be able to look at everything all around her! Here are the during shots:




Here's one after shot (she really didn't want to sit still at this point...):


And here's some shots of her thoroughly enjoying her reward for (at least mostly) cooperating:





I'm glad we did it--she's still got her fairly wild n' crazy hair (goes with her personality), but at least now she can see!

2 comments:

Holli said...

looks GREAT! Did you go to PKAI? that is where I go!:) gotta go to get Gwens cut!!! (ps going to the gym on Tues.)

Eyepoke said...

i almost cried when i did jonni's first cut. and it took me forever (and lots of wheedling from my mom, who is a beautician) to cave. she's looks super cute though!
liz