Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm an AUNT!!!!!!!

My little sister, Lisa, has made me an aunt!
I don't have many details yet, but here's what I know:
It's a girl! 7 lbs 4 oz in weight, and 21.5 inches long. Her name isn't official yet, but it'll probably be Caitlin Elizabeth Olsen--that's what they'd picked before she was born, anyway.
Lisa's water broke at 2am, and it was a long, difficult labor--they had to give her two doses of her epidural. My mom heard the good news at 11:35pm, so it was almost a full 24 hours of labor.
Lisa and my niece are both OK: both have a slight temperature (apparently that's not unusual when the water breaks so early in labor), but everything seems normal. Caitlin came almost 3 weeks early, so this was all a bit of a surprise!
I'll post more (including pictures) when I can...

1 comment:

Corrina Dea said...

Congrats!!! Wow, makes my 1 1/2 hour delivery feel not so bad. Hope mom and baby are doing well.