Thursday, October 16, 2008

I did it!!!!!!!!!


Yes folks, it's true. I have actually managed to pass my UK driver's test, which I took this morning.
And I passed despite an absolutely abysmal job on my reverse parking (which was the one maneuver I knew I was still awful at...)! Truth is, I kind of got lucky. My examiner happened to be into "Americana"--he loves blues music, collects jukeboxes and Cadillacs, etc. He said he thinks he was born "20 years too late and on the wrong continent." I think my accent was actually a big point in my favor for once! :-)
It is a huge relief to finally have the whole thing over and done with and behind me. Though I'm not sure I'll totally believe it's over until I've received the actual license--it's supposed to come in the mail sometime in the next three weeks.
All told, the process (for both Bill and I) cost 450 pounds, and took over two months, which was actually quite fast for here.
Oh, I guess I should mention that Bill passed too, on Saturday. Not that that was really a big surprise, although he also got "lucky" in that his examiner didn't particularly care whether or not he used his parking brake every time he stopped. Bill still thinks that's a silly rule...
It doesn't matter now, though, because we can both go back to all of our usual "bad driving habits." Yay!!

9 comments:

Holli said...

CONGRATS!!!

Amy said...

Congratulations!!! Wonderful news and now you can relax. ;o)

julie said...

Congratulations! Do you feel like you are 16 again? The excitement of a new drivers license.

Cathren12 (mom) said...

AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
Isn't it a fabulous relief once it is over. Congratulations to you both! You have passed where many a person has failed :-)

Scott and Jeanne said...

Yippie!

I am so glad for you! That is wonderful!

Corrina Dea said...

Way to go!!!

Stacey said...

What a relief!!! I never finished mine. I was very afraid the last couple of weeks driving around in England that I would get busted. So happy for you and Bill.

Lana said...

What was the instructor's name that you had? I better hope I get him too!

Eyepoke said...

man, i hope i never have to do anything like that! good job!
liz