Friday, October 2, 2009

She's 3! Well, tomorrow she will be...

But today was the party!


I know--I'm actually blogging about something on the day it happened. Lana, did you fall off your chair in shock?!

Due to circumstances more or less beyond our control, poor Madeline has never had much of a celebration, let alone a party, for either of her previous birthdays. This year, we decided to rectify the situation.
It was an "intimate" group (since I forgot so many of her friends are in school already), but I'm pretty sure a good time was had by all. Madeline told me she "loved it", and her favorite part was "when the big bear came". As we'd been to a party for one of her other friends at the same place last year, she was expecting the bear. In fact, at 11pm, when she was STILL awake last night, she asked, "Daddy, what do you say when you meet a big bear?"
Thanks to all who came and celebrated with us, for making Madeline's party so special and so fun!





























4 comments:

Holli said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Sorry we missed!
I about fell over that you had a post AND THAT IT WAS FROM THAT DAY! Wow might just stop over and see if you are ok!:)

Lana said...

Written from the floor... (since I HAVE fallen off my chair in shock!) j/k...

We had a FABULOUS time, Emily is still talking about it. Thanks so much for inviting us and hope you enjoy your newfound freedom from the "terrible 2's!"

Emily said...

I have the feeling time will tell whether or not I'm really free from the terrible twos, or have simply jumped from the frying pan into the fire of the terrifying threes!

Anna said...

Happy Birthday Madeline. Looks like she had a very fun party with lots of friends. Hope she didn't wear out mommy and daddy too bad.