Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Even the Kitchen Sink



Madeline is really into having "picnics". These are very elaborate set-ups, in which she'll spend a half hour getting everything ready, and then five minutes actually having the picnic. As you can see, she spreads out her picnic blanket, then brings in everything she needs. And she has very interesting ideas about what one needs at a picnic. Obviously there's the usual plates and cups and food (divided into regular food and treats). She sets a spot for herself, and one for each of her friends--today it was kitty and blanky and me. But did you know that you have to have a kleenex at a picnic? She asks for one every time she does this. And toys, so you can play after you eat. And a pile of books. And the phone. And don't forget the kitchen sink. After all, you might need some water. That's what she told me when I asked about it. Silly me!

1 comment:

Giulia said...

Emily, I missed your posts and I am so glad you are back. Your daugther is so much fun! i love seeing what you are up to and pray you guys are doing well...missing the US still? Will you be back next year for good? I should probably write you an email...just thought I would say hi and thanks for posting again. Love you girl!